Friday, May 08, 2009

Journey Started.

It is amazed that i have not been blogging on my personal life since last October 2008. Shall i just say, my life is not getting any easier and some goodness does come over my life in short of my life these days. I left Lxxxxxn Cxxxxxe Axxx Pxxxxxx which appears to be the worst place in my friend's point of view. I did my A-levels there and i think my result is on satisfaction. In another word, i have enough of passes ( some distinction) to continue for my law studies. I doubted on where can i get those gutts and courage to take all the paper at once. I believe thats what the effect of having bunches of friends around you and give you support. I am so fortune and lucky to have them. I have learnt so many things all this while. As the earth spinning, my life is changing since life goes on with just a blink of eyes. The life goes on second by second. We are lucky to have 10 amazing buildings , 10 miracles places and so on. But then , do we have the appreciation for having time in our life ? Isnt time is the most outstanding, extraordinary "things" in our life ? Erm..shall i use Thing to describe it ? Well, i can find any better word to be used on describing time itself. Thats justified since it eventually prove me right. TIME ITSELF is a MIRACLE . How does Time established in this universe ? Think of it. Be a thinker.

In last January, i was waiting for my results with nervousness and hopes. The college doesnt seem to work nice with me. They had a delay as they having internal problem. What is amiss ! I whispered internally. They lied , from what they told me , Cambridge University have some complication on delivering the results. It is undeniable that they do have excellent acting technique, however, since i have the experience being lied by them, i learnt from lesson. I then called up Cambridge University Region Representative and i get to know that it is infact the college have not pay the full arrears of the fees and therefore they hold our results.The Rep. pissed off since the college put the blame on Cambridge University on that matter. It is expected that the Rep. will surely call up the college and threw some scoldish words.

One day, i went to the college and asked for the result. I was informed by the receptionist that i shall wait in the counselling room. All right , erhummm, it doesnt sounds right. Well, i have no choice but obey on what they asked me to - WAIT at the counselling room. The director of Studies shows his unfriendly face to me and tell me that i have caused a big issue to the college and ask me the reason of me calling the Cambridge Rep. . I see no reasons as to why should i be good to them. Therefore, still, i was being polite and honest that day and explained:" It is not that i want to call him , but, u all lied to me !"The Director of Studies was speechless for a few seconds and started explaining. He is smart , he said :" I dont know what is the communication between you and Ms Sxxxxxxxxa . but , if there is anything, just straight away find me ." Long story cuts short. Within a few days , i got my results. 

I then started to look for my new home to study. I used Home to decribe the college as i need to make sure it provides what i want , safe and stable . They used to be a rumour saying that ATC is the best law school ever in Malaysia, if you intended to read law, it is a must to get into ATC. I always have a bad habit which is if somebody trying to give a conclusive statement confidentaly , i tend to find some points to prove it wrong/ not neccessarily. I dislike the fact that , This is this and that should be that. Of course , it is one of the reason why i choosed BAC at the end, a minor reason, not the major ones though. Having said that, it doesnt mean i have no other factors which drive me towards the decision to read law in BAC. First, they just simply have experienced lecturers and some of them are even practicing lawyers ! Note: Being experienced doenst mean they are good in delivering the laws, still up to observation in the future. Some of  us might argue that , ATC got experienced lecturer there as well and they have a fantastic track record ! Besides, ATC consists of a large, neat,systematic library , the library is the only one that i get impressed with. Also, ATC have better facilities for law student as the have a moot court there. I wouldnt deny any of those arguements , in opposite, i will just have a reply of :" YES , YES, YES and YES.....BUT !  One needs not a moot court to succeed in practicing legal field, it might be an advantages and yet not neccessarily. They have more lawyer like's student and life over there. Quote from an idiom :" Do not judge a book by its cover." Old lame idiom to be used and yet , it is just true enough. Yes, it shows professionalism feeling and get to impress people. But then, having the ability to impressed someone at the first sight and dont have strong capabilities or abilities , more marks will be reduced. Thats what called : LETTING PEOPLE DOWN which in fact will let you down. What i think is , give BAC a try ! who knows it can become another UoL awarded law institution and produces more Kings Scholars ? "

Since i have aimed to enter BAC , i went there and take some forms to be filled up. Then only i get to know that they dont have intake in March and therefore i have to wait for the April's. After working for another one month , i pay them a visit again and registered. The moment i saw those law books , i had a feeling of hugging it ! Hahax, a bit too much isnt it ?  Still , it is true. I am a law addictus without a doubt, especially for Contract Law. For my first year of my law degree , it consists of 4 subjects which are Public Law, Contract Law, Criminal Law and Common Law Reasoning and Institution ( I like the name of it , REASONING just sounds so LAW !) . Public Law has always known as the driest and the most boring subject , i dont really agree with that. In fact, i think i have enjoyed it so far. I love it especially on writing those essays ! It trains me to think ! I have a better understanding of law now as compared to last time by having study on Public Law. The lecturer is Mr Kevin , a young lecturer but have a good delivering skills on Public Law in my honest opinion.Contract Law is the best of course as i used to be the top scorer in my previous college for A-levels , but it is getting more complex and it requires more arguments and analytical mind which i am lacking of . In my humble opinion, Amongst all the lecturers , i dont really think the Contract Lecturer is good enough to teach us . Just imagine he made a mistake on citing wrong issues in certain elements of law and yet not correctable.Okay,we are all layman and ordinary , it is normal that we all did mistakes. So, just admit it and correct it for all's sakes! We may just possibly failed by citing on wrong cases in Intermediate Level. It would be really disastrous ! Criminal Law is then another interesting subject but i still need time to digest it, it is bulky enough. The lecturer is fine with good explanation as he himself is a practicing lawyer. It is somehow too bad to have a lawyer as our lecturer , they tend to have punctuality problem in coming to class. The class will normally start late and finish earlier. In a sense , it is good to let us to loosen our brain's nerves so we won't be out of our mind. I think he dont want us to use insanity to claim as a defence in court if we commit crime and charged. Haha...Another subject which is Common Law Reasoning and Institution and more commonly known as English Legal Sysyem. It is another fun subject to study on , it needs us to memorise on whaht the judges has stated , statutes and cases. ( Well, so do other law subjects.) It basically study on how does the common law comes from , how does the judges being selected , how does the judge decide a case on the question of whether does the jugde make law or bound by its previous decision ( Precedent).  As imposed by the above , i will mention on the lecturer. The lecturer for this subject is a White women who speaks in a quite English tone or i shall say accent . She explained very well in the introduction. It is my mistake since i felt sleepy when listen to her voice , or i shall just say , her voice is a little bit too nice ! I feel like listen to news. On the fact, she does provide useful informations. 

College life has started and apparently , i will make new friends. It is quite different from my previous college where i can rarely have a chance to communicate in mandarin. Well, so far the closest friend i have in class are Freddy,ChongSheng and Wilson and each of them got unique personality. Others would be Tenly, TingTing,Janice, Yasooda, Deepan,Carmen, Mardu and so on. Now , i think i communicte in mandarin more ! Recently get to know a few new friends , namely the Joonlip, Christopher and Adrian. Starting from Freddy then , from Sarawak , good in explanation of the laws and like to share knowldedge. Though we have different opinions on certain issues and we tend to argue it out. Finally i can have someone to talk law with. Hahax...can hardly find friend like this. He have outstanding exposure on journalling, debate and so on. Such a multitalented person. Cant see myself when sitting with him , he is just too bright ! Haha...ANother one would be CHongsheng, the youngest amongst us , not even 18years old and we tend to laugh at him of being under age, in another word , He is still under minor catagory. He seems like immatured ( age wise) , but indeed i personally think he is quite different than others. It is said that he is quite matured in a sense that he thinks differently. Quite a frank and straight forward person i would say. I believe he has got amazing motivation on getting himself to become better. Wilson whereas is a guy who with analytical mind and quite a tolerance person. He will follows and yet have his principle. A bright future businessman with legal knowledge ! WOw..3 of them are just amazing! Another person which should i mentioned is Joonlip, he lives nearby my place and hence he fetched me back last week. He is quite low profile as he always think others are the best, have some knowledge of horoscopes and gonna be a 2nd year student in UPM studying on Computer Science. His interest is on Computer Science and got passion on law ! Being ambitious on becoming a judge rather than legal practitioner. Salute ! Passion or interest, which one is greater ? He decides. Somehow, i think he is smart even if he says he isnt good enough.

So, with all this kind of great badge of law student . Can i say , there's a hope on getting Kings Scholarship from BAC ? 

Guys , cheer up your life with law ! Legal passioner ! 

2 comments:

homegirl said...

all the best to ur new journey :-)

JH said...

Thank you sister !
All the best to you as well !