Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Numerous of Thoughts (2)

Argh....I was exhausted. All these are suppose to be so simple and it comes t become complicated when it happens to me. Oui (In french means YES), i am living in a world which requires a lot of choice choosing. I know this doesnt apply to me as all of us will experiences. There's too much that i need to be considered on as i know, it is not me myself making my life but it is all of u making my life. My life is just so lucky and being fortunate to have all of you. Yes, as my title of this post stated, numerous thoughts in seconds. Till now, i am still waiting for the entry into UM Law Faculty which i still doubted whether i have made the right choice as i know the quality of UM is exceptionally low amongst all the law schools in this world. Knowing it's quality especially for the lecturer there is bad and why would i still taking such steps ? What is amiss to me ? In fact, there is nothing wrong with me as i know both are wise choice.

My college friends now has been working really hard in their law studies, as they are aiming really high. They are aiming for Kings Scholarship which i think i myself dont have faith on getting it . Nevertheless, i still cant stop dreaming about it. Dreaming myself getting into Kings College, London. At the same time, i think i should stop dreaming this since i am still unsure whether will i still continue my law studies in BAC. Yes, half hanging again. Study abroad has been my dream since small especially UK . It may be beneficial for me if i got the chance to read law in UM , i may not be burdened and stressed as now by what my friends have labelled me as. This is simple on the grounds that, Kings Scholarship will not be awarded for top scorer in UM. Well, of course, i would be very happy if one of us gets that. We all get enthused on the Kings Scholar topic. We all study in the same institution, we have the same source, we have the same lecturer ! It is in general that we stand equal chance on getting Kings Scholarship. It would not be fair if one being labelled as Best candidate of Kings and others are not. What makes the different is, the effort one has put in , it is the efforts one has given that makes a genius or in another an intelligent. My friends, lets start moving ! ( I knw some of u have started though) , I believe you all can create a record in the history of Kings Scholar , a Kings Scholar may not need to be a nerd ! Work hard is neccessary at this point .

Hais, i have very much to write. All this while, i has been a very good anti-lecturer in my class. ( Which lecturer? lolx...u will know it). I admit that i myself is in ego naturally, but, i just cannot accept when an experienced lecturer make such a fundamental mistake and yet not willing to admit his fault. How could a unilateral offer becomes an Invitation to Treat on the case of Carlil v Carbolic Smokeball Co ? In this case, it was held that, a unilateral offer which has done by advertisement to world at large maybe an ITT, however, in Carlil, it makes a different whereby it requires an act for a promise. So, it is amount to an offer. Another case on this would be Bowerman v ABTA , it illustrates the same issue as Carlil case.

Yes, most of my classmates enjoy his class because he gives funny example on case . I as always, being so serious, i dislike that. It is not because of the jokes he told is bad but, if jokes and facts mixed together , that would lead to a serious consequences ! As long as he can tell jokes and deliver the right fact , i would probably listen to what he said. The notes he has given to me, i have not even touch on it . Well, the same applies to me, i just hate teaching people when i am unsure about certain thing. Last tuesday if i am not mistaken, I came to college in the morning as usual. I was asked to teach Tort and that part is remedies ! It is the girl, MJ, who then keep on asking me to teach her to write an essay on remedies which i am so damn not sure about that as i dont really study on that chapter during my A-levels. I tried my best but i felt so guilty at the sametime as i am afraid that i taught her the wrong thing. If it is for me to dislike people teaching wrong stuff, then i would hate myself as well. Nevertheless, that day has really makes me come to realise that, i should know everything in detail.

There is another thing which i would like to share with you all, BPTC in UK will be comes into effect by next year while it was being proposed by this year. BPTC stands for Bar Professional Training Course and it is currently being known as BVC ( Bar Vocational Course) . BVC has been a great course for those who wants to become a barrister, it is very practical and intensive training on advocasy skills and so forth with 13 subjects. However, UK doesnt seem to satisfy with it and looking for improvement. It is said that , the BVC graduates do not reach the standard which they are lack of advocasy skills and writing skills. I can now understand why UK education are much more prestigious than Malaysia . They always aiming high, scrutinise their whole system, analyse it and correct it as soon as possible. Whereas in Malaysia, the Great Britain makes Malaysia such a tiny country ! Come on ! Malaysia, dont live in comma ! wake up ! We need a change ! We have gone through Industrial revolution , why not we have an education revolution ? Yes, i agree we should love our country ! The way we love it is totally wrong ! We shouldnt be satsified so easily as there's room to improvement. We must know what is our mistake ! Just admit it if we are in problems ! Why hiding it and still claiming that we are doing great ? I wonder why a professor can come out with such words. Ok, i have been talking too far, well, my point is, if BVC is of least satisfaction standard, what about Malaysia's Certificate in Legal Practice which is not practicle based ? If Malaysia wants to change , why not being efficient on it ? Yes, they proposed a CBC Scheme , but it will only be coming into force by 4-5years later! Malaysia, please change ! If we have the vaccine of the virus, why not using it as soon as possible ? Lets have a fair meritocracy system!

What i can say is, Malaysia boleh. The only country which has a written constitution but without separation of power. The only country which can use power arbitrarily. The only country knows its problems but has not taken any steps to overcome it. I really cannot anticipate on what will happened to Malaysia in the future. Why would they still using Malay to teach their law ? I had a glance on the law books and the way they contrued the sentence is so problematic. If they were with the will or intention to make UM a international recognised university, they should do it in English as it may be the best way to decribe the law.

As i promised, i will write on the role of a judge, i couldnt recall what i wanted to share as i have forgotten whats the arguments i had with my friend. A judge in my view , should be impartial and without realising himself hold a pose called JUDGE but with the realisation that, Justice must not only be done, it must be seen to be done. The lust for craving for power shouldnt exist in the judge. As per Lord Nolan , judges are not interested in the pursuit of power.If they were, they would not have become judges.

TO BE CONTINUE................................................................

No comments: